lørdag den 27. juni 2015

Ella Top & Burda 6770 pants

The Ella Top designed by Liola Patterns is not your average tank top pattern. This little number has a several cute details; the bust darts, the back yoke, a little pleat at the back and neck- and armhole binding. And of course finished with french seams.

I did raise the neckline a tiny bit - 2 cm or so - apart from that no changes were made to the pattern during construction. For me the fit is spot on. No gaping, pulling or anything. Just perfect. That makes me an average size L in Liola Patterns sizing I guess. I will definetely be making more of these. I'm dreaming of a silk version. Perhaps I will try widening the back yoke a bit as my bra straps are showing. Not that it matters that much to me.

It's a really quick and easy make with a professional finish. The instructions are super, thorough and easy to follow.

Head on over to Indiesew if you need inspiration for your own Ella.

The pants are Burda 6770 - loose fitting pull on pants with pleats. My kind of pants. I added about 7 cm to the length. I'm really, really in love with these. Perhaps the best loose fitting pants I've ever sewn. I went down a size compared to what I would normally make for myself. These are really roomy and loose fitting but Burda has been kind enough to add the finished garment measurements to the pattern so I advice you to take a look at those before you decide on which size to make.

The lovely fabric is a navy blue almost black medium weight poly crepe from Stofdepotet. The drape is fantastic!

I was sponsored the Ella Top pattern by Indiesew as a member of their blogger team. The review is however completely me-provided!


 
 









3 kommentarer:

  1. Virkelig flot sæt som bare klæder dig!

    SvarSlet
  2. I've just ordered this pattern and I'm now looking forward to making after seeing this, they look great on you

    SvarSlet
  3. it is so beautiful.i really like it.

    SvarSlet